Hey there, lots of people claim that ”you are making your own luck” and that success depends solely on you. How true is that though? Let’s delve a little deeper into this.
Most succesful people are obviously skilled. They must have done something right to achieve this, right? Well, in many cases luck was also important. The circumstances were favorable for many people that had major breakthroughs in their lives. Let’s have a look at some notable examples of succesful people and see how they managed to achieve their goals in life.
Pewdiepie a.k.a. Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg , is a Swedish YouTuber and he has the biggest number of subscribers on YouTube (They are close to 110 million). This is quite the success! He is certainly talented, but luck has helped him as well to achieve this. Pewdiepie had started his career on YouTube in 20. YouTube at that time was still new and the competition from other people was very little, since very few creators would upload videos in it.
Nowadays, it is much harder to succeed as a YouTuber, because you have to compete with a lot of people. There are thousands of channels in it and you have to be very unique in order to create your own audience. So Pewdiepie was lucky in that aspect, because a talented person like him could easily make an audience when the competition was very low at that time. However, there’s no denying that he’s skilled. But he’s not the only skilled YouTuber. Many other are skilled too, but they do not have such a big success.
Well, you all know who Bill Gates is. I don’t have to introduce him to you. He is the founder of Microsoft and he used to be the richest person on the planet (Now he ranks 3rd right below Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk). The main reason that Microsoft had succeeded were the Windows operating systems. An operating system (OS) is some kind of software that allows you to use your computer. Without it, a common person wouldn’t be able to use a computer. I guess that only people with programming skills would be able to use a computer without an OS. The first Windows OS was released in 1985. This one had little commercial success, but the Windows 3.0 version was the first OS that had a big success by selling millions copies (this was released in 1990).
This operating system was released at a time that computers were still developing. There was no competition at all from rival companies and a good OS could easily thrive in that environment. There were other operating systems too in the market , such as Mac OS, but most of them could not compare with Windows 3.0. This meant that the circumstances were favorable towards Microsoft at the time. In order to realise how dominant Microsoft is in the computer world you must know that currently, about 99% of all computers use a Windows version. The rest 1% is using Linux and Apple operating systems. When 99% of all computers are using your product, it’s no wonder that you have become so rich. To conclude this, Bill Gates certainly had some good ideas, but luck had helped him as well (To be fair, the good marketing of Microsoft might have played a role in this one too). The rival companies of Microsoft were very absent at the time, which had allowed Bill Gates to thrive in the business world and build his multi-billion empire that dominates the tech world today.
People that have accidentally made fortunes from Bitcoins
Some people have accidentally become rich with Bitcoins, cause they had bought some of them at a time that their value was very low. Eventually their value had skyrocketed and the people that possesed them had found themselves with a small fortune. Have a look at this article here to read some of those stories:
When you invest in something, you are taking a risk, cause it might not work out. If for example you buy 1000 stocks of a company, you are actually gambling, because if their value drops down, you will lose money out of this. If you are lucky though, you might end up winning big time from this. This is the case with Bitcoins too. The people that were possesing them were very lucky that their value had gone up so high. Nobody could have predicted that this would happen. In this case, lady luck had smiled to those people and it made them rich in the most effortless way.
Most succesful people are obviously skilled and they have worked their as*es to achieve this thing. However, in many cases luck was an important factor too. If you think about it, the people that have skills were lucky enough to have these in the first place. So luck is also involved in that part. However, you must always go after your dreams, you must not expect luck to help you. It might betray you instead.
If you liked this post, please share it. You really help me when you do that. You can also subscribe to my free newsletter below. This way you’ll be notified about new articles and other cool stuff.